Roadmap July 2017
by Jozef Sevcik
- Increased performance: faster opening of conversation and chats.
- The name of the person who archived a conversation will be displayed below the message sender area, with the time and date it was archived.
- Calendar invitations: support for adding all people from a group to a calendar event. When a group is selected, it will separately add all users to the event and single invitations will be sent automatically to every member of a group.
- Drum roll: when you click on a message in the search results, it will take you directly to the place in the conversation/chat where the message is located and it will highlight the message. This is a ‘read-only’ contextual view, if you want to go to the conversation/chat and send new messages from this view, click to ‘go to conversation’ or ‘go to chat’ from the upper-right corner, it will open in standard view with latest messages and the name of the message sender.
We value our customers’ feedback, so if you have an idea about a feature you would like us to incorporate, please share it with us.
Team Zeus Development Roadmap – June 2017
by Jozef Sevcik
We regularly update Team Zeus in order to improve user experience and enhance the productivity of our customers. In this latest update to our roadmap, we have listed some of the exciting improvements we recently made to our team communication app:
- Mentioning someone in a conversation will now automatically add that person to the conversation. It even works when mentioning multiple people in one message.
- We have changed the ‘Recipients’ button so that to show members of the current conversation, you now have to click on the button, where previously you just had to hover over ‘Recipients’ to see the list of members.
- New Search Backend.
- Search results for users, messages, conversations are always ordered by date of creation, in reverse chronological order.
- New ordering of search results for calendar events, done by starting date, score/match.
- Improved search of special characters.
- Fixed search when making a search query, using this model: ‘#CONVERSATIONNUMBER’.
- Added basic support for “AND / NOT” Boolean operators in search queries. Thus, you can now make the following search queries:
"Search Term 1" AND "Search Term 2" – search for data containing both “Search Term 1″ and “Search Term 2″.
"Search Term 1" NOT "Search Term 2" – search for “Search Term 1″, excluding “Search Term 2″ in the results.
PERSONAL TO-DO LIST
Tasks are automatically ordered by ‘Due Date’ and then by alphabetical order on the Team Zeus personal to-do list.
- The calendar is now viewable on the iOS app, enabling users to view events and import them from Team Zeus to the iOS native app. However, users cannot yet create, edit, or delete events through the app.
- We have made changes to improve the synchronisation of events from your calendar to the Team Zeus iOS app. If you encounter any issues with calendar sync, please try to delete your device from ‘My Devices’ section on the desktop app, then add it again.
We value our customers’ feedback. So, if you have any ideas for a new feature that you would like us to bring out, please contact us.
Team Zeus Development Roadmap – December 2016
by Jozef Sevcik
2016 is already coming to an end and we are very much looking forward to next year and all that it may hold. A variety of new Team Zeus tools will be released that will guarantee a rise of productivity in your office in 2017, but for now, here is a list of the recent updates that we have made:
— Create a conversation: when users create a conversation, they have to enter recipients for the conversation. If they want to send it to the entire company (which is a rare occurrence), users have to tick the box “Send to all company members”. This will prevent a user from accidently sending a conversation to everyone on Team Zeus. The “Create Conversation” dialog box now also supports direct image pasting.
— Later: when chat/conversation is automatically removed from the “Later” section (after responding to a message located in the “Later” section), the option: ‘Undo remove from later’ appears.
— Shortcuts: improved keyboard shortcuts response.
— Inbox: when a message only contains an attachment, the file name is displayed instead of an empty message
— All conversations: the new section “All Conversations” in the left-hand menu was added to list all team conversations (discussions from groups and other conversations). It shows conversations from all groups (including “Other conversations”) by default, sorted by date of last message. It also allows three different methods of filtering: Active/Archived/Announcements. In further releases we plan to add a ‘Recently viewed’ filter to the “All conversations” section.
Automated User Status
— “Not available status”: when your status is set as “Not Available”, desktop notifications are paused (you are notified about this once you’ve changed your status to “Not available”).
— User profile photo: improved auto-scaling when a user changes his/her profile picture.
— Search results: improvements in search results relevance, showing separate results for messages/users/conversations/events. “Date” was also added as a criteria.
— Improved search autocomplete: icons, separation of search results into views.
— Pagination: was added to search results page
— Calendar: detection if there is already an event using a specific resource, when creating or editing an event. There will be a warning as well as a confirmation.
The workflow of this will be optimised in the future – this release contains for now basic detection and warning.
— Event detail: click on a user’s full name shows the page with user detail.
Advanced Reporting Dashboard
— Advanced reporting: date range filtering was added to the report: ‘Messages by type’.
— Zapier: 2-way sync support of Zapier is ready. Zapier API is in private beta and will be released to the public soon.
— The “create conversation” dialog box was improved when the web version is browsed on mobile devices.
— People list: ‘return date’ info was added (applies to people’s “Not Available” and “Vacation” user online status)
— Design: improved message appearance in team conversations and private chats.
— Messages: ‘add kudos’ were added.
— Conversation: the “archive conversation” action was added.
— “Create conversation” window was redesigned.
— Progress bar: it was added on the file preview when a file is uploaded.
— Event items: they now appear in the inbox, so users can confirm their attendance
— “Mark as read”: explicit mark as read for announcements
— History screen: info messages about archived conversation and announcement are added to the history screen
— Added empty & offline screens to chat and conversation history, conversation lists and inbox
— To-do list filters: enabling to filter tasks that are completed.
— Filters: nicer filtering by buttons in navigation bar (removed section control)
— New: indicator of announcements and archived conversations
— New: user status and last activity in chats
— New: calendar and people directory synchronisation optimisations
— New: to-do list – show/hide completed tasks
— Onboarding screen for new users is available after signing up onto Team Zeus.
If you have any suggestions for features that you would like us to bring out in 2017, share your ideas with us now!