In today’s fast-paced business environment, staying on top of everything can be challenging. Meeting planning – knowing when your colleagues are free (or even in the office), as well as finding a meeting room that is available – can be a lot more difficult than it should be. Offline calendars, diaries and paper agendas are simply a thing of the past. Fortunately, Team Zeus has you covered!
Our team communication platform features a fully integrated calendar, out of the box. The benefits of using a shared calendar for business are numerous – here are a few of our favourites:
- Our platform is a web application hosted in the cloud – allowing you to access it from wherever you are and on any device, so your calendar is always at hand for you to check your schedule.
- With Team Zeus’s calendar, everything is shared by default. You can easily view your colleague’s planner – and even a single view of everyone within a particular team – in order to quickly see when people are available, enabling you to plan meetings more effectively.
- You can visualize what room(s) and resource(s) are ready for use (no more bothering the secretary or double-booking).
- Team Zeus’s calendar synchronises with your existing desktop and mobile calendar application, so it will fit with your existing workflow.
When you first visit the calendar, your own calendar is displayed, in addition to any resources that have been marked as ‘default’ by administrators (for example meeting rooms or any other ‘shared’ resources).
Events are displayed in the central grid, and the current week is shown as standard. You can change the date by clicking the arrows in the top left hand corner, and you can also change the amount of information that is displayed (month/week/day) by clicking on the buttons in the top right hand corner. The current day/time is shown with a horizontal red line, for ease of navigation.
You can click on any event to see a brief preview (When/What/Who), and you can then click on ‘More details’ if you need further information.
Creating an event
Planning & organizing meetings has never been easier! To add a meeting to your calendar:
Click on the calendar at the required date and time of your meeting. Don’t worry too much about selecting the precise time here, as it can be changed on the event creation screen. If you just want to create a simple ‘event’ for yourself, you can fill in a title here inside the heading ‘What’ and then press ‘Create Event’. For all other scenarios, click ‘Edit Event’ instead to allow for more options.
Configuring Event Details
- Inside the ‘Name’ field, enter the name/purpose of the meeting. This will be displayed directly on the calendar grid, so we’d recommend a concise summary. Please note that there is no need to enter the names of any people attending in this field, as they are displayed separately.
- Setting the time of the event: ensure that the date and time is correct in the field below. Meetings are set for a duration of one hour by default, but you can change the length accordingly in this field.
- The checkbox ‘All Day’ will default the time period of the event to the entire day (overwriting the setting above).
- Make the event private: the checkbox ‘Private’ ensures that only the participants have access to the event details (name, agenda). Tick this box to mark the event display as ‘Private’ for everyone else.
- Add a resource to the event: if the event requires a resource, such as a meeting room, then select this under the heading ‘Where’.
- Describe the event: add information to the ‘DESCRIPTION’ field, such as the agenda (or any details that you’d like participants to view prior to the meeting).
Invite people to your event: invite people to your event by entering their name(s) under the ‘ADD GUESTS’ header. Simply start typing and the system will autocomplete the entry for you. Click on the name or press enter to add them to the event.
Sending a meeting invitation: when you have completed all necessary fields, click the ‘SAVE’ button and the event will be created. Please ensure that you’ve filled in the ‘Name’ field (if you do not do this, the ‘SAVE’ button will remain inactive). At this point, all people that have been included in the ‘GUESTS’ section will be sent an email to notify them of the event – with an option to accept/decline the request. The event will also be added to their calendar.
Accept/Decline a meeting invitation: when you receive a notification, clicking on the ‘GOING’ buttons (Yes/Maybe/No) will update your status on the event accordingly.
View if people have accepted: the icon adjacent to each person in the ‘GUESTS’ section will indicate whether he/she has responded to the event invitation, and the relevant answer will be displayed.
How to view another calendar
With Team Zeus, it’s easy to view the calendar for any person, team or resource.
See another person’s calendar: simply navigate to the calendar application and from the left hand panel click on the box: “Search Person, Team or Resource”. Next type the required name (Team Zeus will autofilter the results as you type). You can then click to select the person you require, or if there is just one result, press enter. The person will now be added to the menu below, and their calendar will be active in your view.
See team meetings: it can be helpful to view the combined schedule for a particular team, if you are trying to plan a meeting or require assistance, for example. From the calendar application, type the name of the team/department that you require in the “Search Person, Team or Resource” box. If you are not sure which team you require, visit the people directory first to view the full list of available teams.
See resources available: check if a meeting room (or any other company resource) is available before you plan to use them. To see if a resource is available, simply enter the name of the resource in the box: “Search Person, Team or Resource”. Certain resources marked as ‘default’ by administrators (such as meeting rooms or shared resources) may already show on the calendar filter by default.
Enable / disable a calendar: we recommend that you add your commonly viewed calendars to the left hand panel, to allow for quick access in the future. It is possible to use the filters to enable and disable an individual calendar in just one click. Simply left click on the colour swatch on the left hand side of the calendar item to enable/disable events from appearing on the grid.
Change the colour of an individual filter: it is possible to change the colour of a filter. To do this, simply click on the downwards arrow on the right hand side of the individual calendar, and proceed to select a different colour. It is also possible to select a completely custom colour by using the ‘edit colour’ button.
Remove a calendar filter: you can remove an individual calendar from appearing in the filter menu on the left hand panel by first clicking on the downwards arrow on the right hand side and then clicking ‘Remove Filter’. The individual calendar can be added again by entering it in the “Search Person, Team or Resource” box.
Linking a Team Zeus calendar with your existing calendar application
You can display any calendar filter with your existing calendar application, allowing all of your events to be shown in one place.
First Step – Copying the ICS
For each of the methods, you will need to copy the ICS link from Team Zeus first. To do this, go to the Calendar application in Team Zeus, and make sure that the calendar you require is visible in the left hand panel (if not, add it here). From the left hand panel, click on the downwards arrow on the right hand side of the individual calendar that you would like to use. Now select and copy the address displayed next to ‘ICS’.
Importing a Team Zeus calendar to Google Calendar
- Carry out the first step – ‘Copying the ICS’.
- Now open Google Calendar.
- In the left hand menu, click on the downwards arrow which is next to “Other calendars”.
- Click “Add by URL” and paste the ICS Link that you’ve copied.
- Finally, click on the button “Add calendar”. This will import your Team Zeus calendar filter to Google Calendar, and sync any updates from Team Zeus to this location.
- Please note that the feed is ‘one way’ only, so any changes made on Google Calendar will not update the calendar on Team Zeus at this stage.
Importing Team Zeus calendar to Outlook
- Carry out the first step – ‘Copying the ICS’.
- Now open Outlook, go to the “Calendar”, and click on “Open Calendar” at the top.
- Then click on “From Internet”.
- Under “Enter the location of the Internet calendar you want to add to Outlook”, paste the ICS Link that you’ve copied and press “Ok”.
- In the new window: “Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates? “, click on “Advanced” to give a name and a description to your calendar and then press “Yes”.
- This will import your Team Zeus calendar to Outlook and sync any updates from Team Zeus to this location.
- Please note that the feed is ‘one way’ only, – so please make any changes directly from the application.
Importing Team Zeus calendar to iOS Calendar (Apple Devices)
- Carry out the first step – ‘Copying the ICS’. You can either open the application in a browser on your phone to do this (and copy the ICS to the clipboard), or open the application on a desktop computer and make a note of the ICS address so that you can enter it on your device manually.
- On your device, go to Settings.
- Then go to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’.
- Select ‘Add Account’
- Select ‘Other’
- Select ‘Add Subscribed Calendar’
- Now enter the address for the ICS in the box ‘Server’ and press ‘Next’. The Team Zeus calendar will then be added to your device.
- We recommend that you go to the ‘Fetch New Data’ setting from ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’ and change the fetch settings to every 15 minutes. This will ensure that your calendar is regularly updated.
- Finally, please note that the feed is ‘one way’ only, so any changes made on your device will not update the calendar on Team Zeus; we therefore advise that you make any changes directly from the application.
Importing Team Zeus calendar to an Android phone
- If your Team Zeus calendar has been added to your Google calendar, then the next step – adding the calendar to your phone – is simple.
- Navigate to your calendar application on the device (for example S Planner).
- Scroll up from the bottom of the screen and click on ‘Sync now’ to synchronise the device with the latest settings.
- Then click on ‘Calendars’.
- You should see an entry here for ‘Team Zeus’ (or whatever you named the calendar in your Google account).
- Simply click the checkbox and the calendar will now show on your device.
- Please note that the feed is ‘one way’ only, so any changes made on your device will not update the calendar on Team Zeus; we therefore advise that you make any changes directly from the application.
If you are using an Android phone but do not have a Google account, then you will need to carry out the first step – ‘Copying the ICS’. You can either open the application in a browser on your phone to do this (and copy the ICS to the clipboard), or open the application on a desktop computer and make a note of the ICS address so you can enter it on your device manually. Then you will need to navigate to the calendar application on your Android device and add the calendar accordingly.
Use Team Zeus to dramatically increase the transparency in any organisation – and directly improve your productivity. Say goodbye to unnecessary admin and the noise created from ‘finding a suitable day and time for meeting’ – and say hello to a streamlined workforce! If you’re looking for a shared calendar app that’s built for business, you’ve come to the right place. So, what are you waiting for?